Steinbeck Vineyards & Winery offers
CRASH COURSES -
in-depth, outdoor tours of our family vineyards.
CRASH COURSES are designed with the wine enthusiast in mind. You are invited behind the scenes, deep into our vineyard with the Steinbeck family, Paso Robles wine country educational specialists.
Choose one of three modules, led by family members, for a spectacular outdoor central coast wine country experience into a glass of wine.
CRASH COURSES are 1 hour
COST: $40.00/person (2 person minimum) $10.00/person for additional guests.
Your personally crafted tour includes: An extra splash of THE CRASH for the tour, 1958 Willys Jeep ride, educational presentation, private wine tasting and answers to your questions about growing a premium wine.
"Wine starts in the vineyard!"
Wine Education via the Vineyard –
in the beautiful Paso Robles Wine Country
CRASH COURSES are a fast paced excursion into wine from the Steinbeck’s eyes. Tours include your choice of the modules listed below and an overview of the Paso Robles Wine Region, the seven-generation Steinbeck Story and complimentary wine tasting.
CRASH COURSES begin at the Steinbeck Vineyards & Winery tasting room where we board a vintage jeep and journey through Steinbeck Vineyards. Crash Courses (1 hour) conclude with wine tasting in the Steinbeck Tasting Room.
Modules: (Please identify your chosen module when reserving your journey into a glass of wine through our vineyards)
1. Sustainable Wine Growing Through Our Eyes – Why we do what we do in growing wine, our vineyard practices, planting a vineyard, conservation efforts, a discussion of organic vs. sustainable practices if you're interested, our soils, our water, and the challenges of we face growing wine.
2. Sustainable History - The Paso Robles Region & Our Vineyards – Tour the vineyard with an emphasis on the history of agriculture and wine growing in Paso Robles, challenges pioneering families faced, and family stories are included.
3. The Vine Speaks - Wisdom of The Vine (sustainable for eternity) – Let the vine speak to you as Cindy unfolds her perspective on the words of Jesus from John 15, “I am the Vine, you are the branches” from the vineyard. Let the vineyard speak to you and bring these words to life.
Howie Steinbeck, founder of Steinbeck Vineyards and fourth generation Paso Robles native, has farmed this land since childhood and has a wealth of practical knowledge and wisdom. He loves to show you what he's built with his hands and heart.
Cindy Steinbeck has learned wine growing from her father, so she leads modules 1 & 2 from a farmer's perspective. She also has a passion for history, learning, teaching and the future of the family business. The Vine comes to life in module 3 as she shares what the vine has spoken to her in light of Jesus' words in John 15, "I am the vine."
Allen Steinbeck, leads tours from his own perspective as a son of the soil too. Allen moved home in August 2013 to help farm. His career as a pastor gives him a unique perspective as does his many years farming with his father Howie as a youngster.
• Reservations required
• Outdoor activity requiring moderate exertion
• Large group rates available - step on bus guide experience
• Please wear comfortable outdoor attire
• Bring a camera
Summer bring: A hat, sunscreen and water
Winter: Warm attire